Summer is the Spring for real estate.
The health crisis slowed the market this spring, so buyers are jumping back in and making their moves this summer.
“People are relying on virtual showings, virtual tours, virtual listing., even virtual open houses. So having something that looks beautiful with photos and videos is even more important right now.” – Dr. Jessica Lautz, Vice President of Demographics and Behavior Insights, NAR.
Check these 10 things off your list so your house is ready to sell this season:
- GUTTERS: Remove debris and fix any leaks.
- SIDING: Power was your siding and refresh the paint.
- WINDOWS AND SCREENS: Was all windows and replace damaged screens.
- HOT WATER HEATER: lubricate the circulating pump and motor.
- ROOF: Replace any missing, loose, or damaged shingles.
- DECK OR PORCH: Stabilize the railing and re-stain surfaces.
- SPRINKLER SYSTEM: Replaces any broken or damaged valves.
- LANDSCAPE: Trim overgrown plants and add flowers for a touch of color.
- FOUNDATION: Fix floors and walls with any cracking or deterioration.
- BATHROOMS: Replace caulking in showers, tubs, and sinks.