Need a last minute Thanksgiving dish? Check out Metro Realty Group’s favorite Thanksgiving side, broccoli casserole!
- 20 oz. chopped broccoli
- 1.5 cups chopped onion
- 5 – 7 cloves of garlic squeezed
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise or vegenaise. (Optional)
- 1 to 1.5 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 eggs
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Steam broccoli but don’t fully cook.
- In a medium saucepan, cook onion and garlic with a little bit of butter or Smart Balance.
- Add Mushroom soup & cheese and season to taste (add a pinch of curry to taste).
- Place Steamed broccoli in a baking dish and pour above ingredients plus optional mayonnaise on top and mix.
- Optional – add crushed Ritz crackers or Durkee dried onions on top along with some slivered almonds and top with a little more cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.